Our family recently relocated to Fort Worth, Texas from Oklahoma. I have only ever been to Dallas and so far we are loving the Fort Worth area. Downtown Fort Worth is the most charming city I have been too. Not only that, it is also the safest I have ever felt visiting a city I have never been too.
We chose to downsize from our brand new 2,400 square foot custom home in Oklahoma to a 1,400 square foot beige everything apartment with 3 kids. Go ahead call me crazy.
I am here to tell you that it can be done without forfeiting your style.
Here are my 5 ideas to make your apartment feel like home.
1. Rugs are your friend! I have never been a rug person until about a year ago. Especially living in an apartment rugs will help separate one room from the other. For example, our dining room and living room are one big room. Adding two different rugs helps them to stand out from each other.
2. Creating an Inviting Entry. An apartment basically has a non existing entryway and if it does have one it isn’t anything to sneeze at. I don’t know how it is in your home, but in mine EVERYONE kicks their shoes off by the door and leaves them. So this super classy entry table from Ikea is life and makes my entryway bright and sleek.
3. Lamps: Most apartments come with very harsh lighting and sometimes even ugly fluorescent lights. Here is where lamps come in. Lamps create a soft light giving your apartment that cozy feeling we all love.
4. Colors Don’t be afraid to play with different colors. Our apartment is super beige and boring. I knew right away that I wanted to add some color to it. Right now I seem to really be in to light pastel colors. Just wait I’m sure it will change tomorrow 😉
5. Don’t Forget the Details! I’m going to be honest details are something that I have always struggled with. I over think where I want items placed for days until my husband finally threatens to put them up in random spots. I have recently fallen in love with plants and greenery and figuring out how to use flowers.